Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Good morning, Tuesday.

I turned in fairly early last night. I'm sure I have had enough sleep, yet I'm feeling especially sleepy this morning. I have been trying to get up for two hours now, you see, and to no avail. Even as I type this entry, my body is reclined in the laziest manner imaginable. I look like a drunk Cleopatra on her chaise lounge. Hail the queen of sloths!

My fingers are taking forever to type, but if I try really, really hard, I can tap a letter every 5 seconds. My eyelids are so heavy I can barely read this thing I'm writing. My head dangles from the edge of the bed, waiting to be hoisted up by someone, something. Now I remind myself of a bad actor playing an action hero on the brink of death-- still determined to carry out his mission! But of course, my mission probably isn't as noble.

What's weird about this morning's sleepiness, I think, is that it is a sleepiness not only of the physiological kind. It seems that even my spirit is finding it extremely difficult to wake up. Nothing rouses me. My person has apparently decided to stage a coup de tat today. Clarise absolutely refuses to partake in any social activity. Let her be.

1 comment:

eismeister said...

It's gonna happen for us, baby. :) We're definitely on our way.