Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pagdadalaga

"Not all who wander are lost."-- J.R.R. Tolkein



Every time I find myself in an unfamiliar place, I am always overwhelmed with fear, and so, if I can help it, I stay at home-- my comfortable, familiar home. But for once I would like to experience the feeling of discovery. Home has become constricting- too comfortable, too familiar- that I feel imprisoned. It's time I set myself free.

Here is something I would like to do sometime: Take a cab to somewhere and let myself get absolutely lost. When I get lost, I would like to not the least worry about how in the world I will get back as that will only limit the scope of my expedition. Going home is not a problem, anyway, cabs are all over. For the meantime, I would like to have a little adventure. I would like to relish the newness of the place, soak up everything it has to offer. I don't want to assign myself a specific destination, I would like to let my instincts be my guide. I would like to wander. Take me anywhere, feet!

4 comments:

Kristine Pinky said...

I've done this. Try it..!

Clarise Sarmenta said...

Wow really? That's great! Where did you go? :)

Kristine Pinky said...

Hong Kong. :P Well, I was with someone. But I was so happy when we got lost. Haha!

Clarise Sarmenta said...

Wow that sounds like fun! :) I hope to do that sometime. :)