Thursday, December 3, 2009

To Serendipity!

Two nights ago, Ice surprised me with a copy of Love in the Time of Cholera-- that all-important book from my beloved film Serendipity, which we watched together over the weekend. He even found it at a used-books stall like Sarah (Kate Beckinsale). How serendipitous! :P

When I tore the wrapper open and discovered what was inside, I could not help but feel like John Cusack's character, Jonathan, when he opened the wedding gift given him by his soon-to-be-ex fiancee-- like I finally found that thing I have been long looking for, like I finally have in my hands that thing that will lead me to the love of my life. Like Jonathan, I even right away inspected the first page for Sarah Thomas' elusive name and number, which of course weren't there. It was all very silly, I tell you.

The whole experience seemed to me straight out of a movie. It was surreal. And, given my lifelong obsession with cinema, you can only imagine how I felt then. I felt like how I have always imagined movie characters would feel when they finally get their happy endings.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was my life's first movie moment. :)

No comments: