Sunday, November 17, 2013

The weekend

The weekend flew by beautifully. I woke up especially early on Saturday to read my book and work on my drawing as music from "Blue Jasmine" and "Midnight in Paris" played in the background. It was the best feeling in the world, having my nose in Edith Wharton while the rest of the city was in slumber. In the afternoon we drove to Manila to cheer our students on in their basketball game, and then to compensate for the manliness of it all he took me to high tea. We shared a pot of creme caramel and while we found the boldness of its color startling it was wonderfully fragrant and its flavor was light. This morning we went to the Legazpi Sunday Market for brunch and I marveled at the pretty flowers and he at the spicy noodles. Before heading home we paused for drinks and to compensate for the girliness of it all we watched as George Saint-Pierre almost lost his title. The sun was out and the waiters were bustling about readying the place for a party in the afternoon but we were comfortable and did not mind. I had my bunches of pale pink roses delicately wrapped in brown paper with me the whole time, after all.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the way you make everyday things seem so magical!! <3

Clarise Sarmenta said...

Aww thank you, my dear Sam! :) That means a lot coming from you. :) <3