Saturday, November 9, 2013

A silver teacup and some bottles

For a while now I have been on the hunt for a nice tea set. I think I have outgrown the flowery cups and pots that I acquired for myself years ago when I was still deeply inspired by shabby chic. Because I am older, perhaps, I now prefer classic lines and clean and solid colors over daisies and Peter Rabbit illustrations. My plan was to get a simple white china bone set but when I found this shiny silver cup and saucer pair in Starbucks of all places last night, I knew I had to have it. Last night when I finally retrieved it from its bag and put it on my desk, I swear my room lit up.  Next time, I will get it in gold.



Yesterday, too, in my desire for simplicity and minimalism, I reorganized my pens and paint brushes into bottles and glasses and their clarity made my desk look wonderfully immaculate. 

I hope to soon paint my room white. As with almost everything else from my past, I have outgrown its pale pink.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should let me know when you're painting your room!! I spent sem break helping my friend repaint her room, so I fancy myself a bit of a pro hahahaha :DDDD

Clarise Sarmenta said...

Awww that's so generous of you! :) And I believe that you are a pro! I have seen photos of your gate on Halloween and it was a masterpiece! :P