Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunday with Ms. Spade


When I moved out of my mother's house with only a fraction of my possessions, what I missed the most among my books was perhaps my copy of "Style" by the designer Kate Spade. Back when I was still in university, it was one of the books that I referenced often when I found myself in an impasse and the matters of fashion, interior decoration, movies, or watercolors were concerned. About two weeks ago, it was finally in my hands again and when I leafed through its pages again yesterday, I found that its wisdom is, now more than ever, useful and true. I would like to hand it down to my daughter someday.



The aphorism, which is true in fashion as in writing, graces the first page.


I fell in love with watercolors and their daintiness and simplicity when I first opened this book years ago.


The patterns in the book are so pretty, they brighten up everything from my simple black hairpins...


...to my charming new water glass (an Irish coffee mug!).

No comments: