Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Good idea #1

Flowers are always a good idea. They brighten up the glummest room with their color and life. When I was younger I used to while away the summer vacation creating and recreating my dream house in my head. Each time, the color of the walls would change, or the size of the rooms or the style of the furniture, but always I would be certain that my house would have fresh flowers everyday.

When my siblings Nico and MM were little, they used to sneak into our neighbors' gardens to steal flowers for me, and I would press them lovingly between the pages of my book.

When Cholo came to visit last night, he brought me the prettiest bunch of pink flowers. They were all I could think about.
This morning when I sat down to my desk to work, I borrowed the glass of fresh flowers from my tray and placed them next to my laptop. And then I typed away, and happily. Flowers make everything better.

No comments: