Sunday, May 13, 2012

A wish list

The trouble with instagram is that it allows you to see the world as it is lived by other people-- and boy do people live such grandiose and fabulous lives. And so, as I browsed through the gilded existence of Amina Aranaz and Bianca Elizalde in pictures, I found myself becoming increasingly envious. For now, I will have to do with wish lists:

1. Pretty pink china and crystal glasses
2. A French chair or one of those lovely ghost chairs
3. A box of Laduree macarons
4. A five-month-long vacation in Paris (But that goes without saying!)
5. A stock of pastel-colored bubblies
6. A mirror just like the one I have in mind
7. A couple more Tintin framed covers
8. A leisurely lunch at the new brasserie Ice told me about
9. And yes, my tuition fee for the coming semester (ack!)
10. Really red lipstick
11. Glass tray and coasters for my toiletries
12. A veritable bronzer for my sallow cheeks
13. A beautiful wooden bed with a hand-carved headboard
14. Shiny crystal things to brighten up my desk and the rest of the house
15. Ballerina outfits a la Natalie Portman's wardrobe in Black Swan

 But enough daydreaming. Let me go back to:



1. Mr. Denby-- he who rescued me from my unwillingness to finally sit on my AP syllabus revisions
2. Gorging on salted butter taffy/ Sofia Loren/ Ferrero gelato
3. Ice to my left, working on his paper on Heidegger
4. The vanilla and rose macarons I will get later

 My life isn't so bad, after all. :)

Some photos from the weekend:







5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi miss! Salve here. :) I love your blog! It's so funny how you brought up Amina Aranaz. Her and my mom are best friends! I was flower girl at her wedding hehehehe when I was an awkward 12 year old. :) In fact, I was just with her 3 adorable kids this morning! :)) but to be honest, yeah, im also pretty much in awe of her life.

Clarise Sarmenta said...

SAM!!! Ohmygosh! Really? Could I be more jealous of you? :)) Amina Aranaz was my teenage years idol. My first ever sorta designer purchase was one of her limited edition bags. Could you please, please, please adopt me? :) <3

P.S.: Of course your username would be "bookanaconda!" :) <3

Anonymous said...

she was?? she was mine too!!
I wish I could! I'd love to have a sister like you, Ms! :)

follow meeee! :)

Christina said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! I'll post more photos from my flat in the days to come! hehe, especially since I rediscovered my whole TinTin collection! Now I use the books to decorate the place! I saw that you had the framed covers on your wishlist :)
And I really like your instagram photos, keep sharing!