Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gourmet Market Saturday

Today I took Ice bowling and when the game was done we both agreed that given a modest amount of training we would be as good as pros.


And then we went to Eastwood's weekend gourmet market, to which I have been looking forward all week. It has but a handful of stalls but a handful is just right for someone like me who is hopelessly frail and easily exhausted. 


I would love to get some fruit cheese, which looked delightful, next time.


The last time we went to the weekend market, I got a bottle of sparkly pink grapefruit juice because it reminded me of Deborah Kerr's signature drink in An Affair to Remember-- the pink champagne. Cary Grant found it all very ladylike and charming.


Now these tubs of meringue better taste as delicious as they are pretty and expensive.


I will finally learn how to cook  someday and when I do I will use only organic produce like these.

                                        

When we hopped over to Fully Booked, Ice had a field day. He rarely gets excited over things and so it is always a treat to see his eyes light up when something wonderful comes along.


Dinner was lovely but all I could think about was the pretty pink and cream macarons we got from the market and the bottle of pink sparkly that is chilling in the fridge as I write. In a while I will pop the bottle open and enjoy the macarons with Ice and SNL episodes.




Ces't la vie. :)

*
Finally, from last Friday's dinner with my girls Ruby and Ning:




No comments: