Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Picnic with Miss Spade

I'm taking note of these inexorably charming picnic inspirations from my favorite Kate Spade, for when I make my old Hollywood alfresco fete a reality. 



Gary Cooper and Audrey Hepburn in "Love in the Afternoon"-- they enjoy champagne in pretty tumblers and, not shown in the photo, a serenade by a string quartet.


Grace Kelly and Cary Grant in "To Catch a Thief"-- a staple, somehow, is fried chicken.

And, Miss Spade's recommendations:




Miss Spade, as always, knows best. :)

So far, the elements of my ideal picnic:

1. Bruschettas
2. Mango and blueberry cream tarts
3. Fried chicken
4. Champagne or beer
5. Strawberry sparkling juice
6. Champagne flutes
7. Pretty straws
8. Candles
9. A picnic playlist
10. Pale pink picnic blanket
11. Colorful paper fans
12. Flowers
13. A good old fashioned picnic basket like Grace Kelly's in "To Catch a Thief"
14. A book on France
15. Cholo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your ideal picnic sounds amazing!!!

Clarise Sarmenta said...

Thank you, Sam-o! :) The trick, I think, is finding the perfect spot for a picnic. :)