Sunday, August 14, 2011

Holiday

I have two long weekends coming up. What do you know! One will be spent on a leisurely drive to and a gluttonous food trip in Laguna with Ice and his buddies, while the other will be lovingly devoted to one or two of these activities:

1. Scouting for an impossibly cheap bookshelf and then refurbishing it
2. Making a BIG watercolor painting
3. Really writing
4. Plastic-covering my books
5. Finishing Tender is the Night
6. Scouring the bookstores for a lovely non-fiction read
7. Getting a massage

Just recently, a sweet, well-meaning colleague asked me how I intend to spend the coming holiday. When I told her I look forward to lolling in bed with my books, her eyes were inundated with pity. Perhaps it's time I give adventure a try. First, I must unglue my butt off this chair.

No comments: