Saturday, September 4, 2010

A girl is a girl is a girl.

"Elegance is refusal."
--Coco Chanel


Today, I am to face a most daunting challenge, the ultimate test of self-restraint. First, I will watch Coco et Igor and Tom Ford's A Single Man, and then I will go shopping with friends later in the afternoon and not buy a single item of clothing. I promised myself I will scrimp and save for a proper sketch pad and my tuition fee.

Let us see. :)

Speaking of poverty, here are some of the things I would like to buy but can't:
1. A tailored blazer that will make Coco proud
2. A couple of framed New Yorker covers
3. Still Larousse Gastronomique (Just for show, I admit.)
4. A French-looking coffee table (preferably whitewashed)
5. Champagne flutes
6. A framed movie poster of Hors de Prix
7. A set of calligraphy pens (I would like to try drawing with them.)
8. A fancy shelf for Ice's toys

The list could go on and on. And on. And on.

No comments: